Permission denied writing temp file during restore_ports.tcl on macOS sierra

Kendall Shaw kendall.shaw at workday.com
Thu Apr 20 22:45:54 UTC 2017

On 4/20/17, 3:38 PM, "Ryan Schmidt" <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

    > On Apr 20, 2017, at 11:30, Kendall Shaw <kendall.shaw at workday.com> wrote:
    >
    > Building gmp fails because it can’t write to a directory that it creates in /var/folders/xx/_blah/T:
    >
    > :info:build make: error: couldn't create cache file '/var/folders/sr/_cb62lmn0v36cvbz11hjgy7r0000gn/T/xcrun_db-eQZtJHV5' (errno=Permission denied)
    >
    > Changing permissions using chmod -R g+w  /var/folders/sr/_cb62lmn0v36cvbz11hjgy7r0000gn doesn’t change, it still creates a directory and then says it can’t write to it. And I’ve tried a few variations of this changing group and ownership
    >
    > Do you know what needs to be done?

    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.macports.org_ticket_43282&d=DwIFaQ&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=JgwnBEpN1c-DDmq-Up2QMq9rrGyfWK0KtSpT7dxRglA&m=fAx5wOxCIxR25IU56EjCH4Re6Sk0Z4PSSm2_wzgJAaw&s=tsSp5TIwFSwPhYolE9qCx8gnwiEXlS-YAOeXz9mUK3M&e=

Thank you. I had tried deleting the ‘T’ directory but not the parent. I’m not sure why the same problem didn’t happen again after removing and reinstalling macports.

I noticed that it used the same temporary directory name again after deleting the T directory, which seems odd, e.g. it used xcrun_db-eQZtJHV5 again.

Kendall