qt5 build dependency on clang

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 16:59:05 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-25, at 9:53 AM, db wrote:

> On 22 Apr 2017, at 23:05, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>> because cxx_stdlib will equal libc++ and therefore this test (which would lead to the code that does the whitelisting) will fail.
>
> Bear with me — what I actually had in mind was, since we have LibcxxOnOlderSystems instructions, why doesn't it explicitly test against libc++?

Hi db,

I am under the impression from your description that one of your systems was unmodified (and therefore by default set to libstdc++) and this was the system that was whitelisting clang-4.0 as it should, as per the cxx11 1.1 portgroup for qt5.

The other system had been set to libc++, and in addition was set to default_compilers clang-3.9, and this was the system that was calling for clang-3.9, as it should.

Do I misunderstand?

Best,	Ken