port upgrade outdated reports weird problems with deadline and poplar

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Aug 4 23:54:55 UTC 2017

On 08/05/2017 12:25 AM, list_email at icloud.com wrote:
> * readline was reported as disabled:
>
> $ sudo port selfupdate
> Password:
> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
> MacPorts base version 2.4.0 installed,
> MacPorts base version 2.4.1 downloaded.
> --->  Updating the ports tree
> --->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.4.1
> Warning: Disabling readline support due to readline in /usr/local
>
> There is no readline directory in /usr/local.

This is just about base itself. The interactive port(1) command will not use
readline. It has nothing to do with ports you install.

> * I next ran $ sudo port upgrade outdated which resulted in:
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for poppler
> --->  Fetching archive for poppler
> --->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/poppler
> --->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from http://sea.us.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/poppler
> --->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from http://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/poppler
> --->  Fetching distfiles for poppler
> --->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0.tar.xz from https://distfiles.macports.org/poppler
> --->  Verifying checksums for poppler
> --->  Extracting poppler
> --->  Configuring poppler
> Error: Failed to configure poppler, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/work/poppler-0.56.0/config.log
> Error: Failed to configure poppler: configure failure: command execution failed
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/main.log for details.
>
> The referenced log file is attached. It mentions a problem loading libreadline as such (thus the mention of readline above):
>
> :info:configure dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.6.dylib

The problem is caused by /opt/local/bin/gawk, which is still linked against the
old libreadline. However, gawk is not in the dependency chain, but just picked
up opportunistically by the configure script.

The solution is to upgrade gawk first. Run the following port command to check
your MacPorts installation for linking problems and then fix them. This should
upgrade or rebuild gawk.
  $ sudo port rev-upgrade

If that does not help at all for some reason, force a manual upgrade/rebuild of
this particular port:
  $ sudo port -ns upgrade --force gawk

Afterwards you should be able to upgrade the outdated ports as usual.

Rainer