Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 08:41:03 UTC 2017

On 11 Aug 2017, at 08:52, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2017, at 01:21, Barrie Stott wrote:
>
>> I don’t remember having a problem with the lout port until I moved to Sierra. Now all my ports are fine except lout.
>
> Could you be more specific about what doesn't work?

Yes, and I apologise for not doing so before.
When I try to install lout I use ‘sudo port install lout’ and get the following:
--->  Computing dependencies for lout
--->  Fetching archive for lout
--->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40_0.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/lout
--->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40_0.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/lout
--->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40_0.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/lout
--->  Fetching distfiles for lout
--->  Attempting to fetch lout-3.40.tar.gz from https://distfiles.macports.org/lout
--->  Verifying checksums for lout
--->  Extracting lout
--->  Configuring lout
--->  Building lout
--->  Staging lout into destroot
Error: Failed to destroot lout: command execution failed

I've used lout for a long time and via MacPorts since 2010 and it wasn’t till I began with Sierra that messages like the one above appeared. I’ve been ill for much of the year so I have not wanted to pursue my lout problem but, during that time, I’ve never had any MacPorts users emailing that lout didn’t work. Hence my query.

If the full log is desired I am happy to produce it.

Barrie.