Problem with installing "ttk"

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Fri Dec 29 11:59:34 UTC 2017

On 12/29/17 6:05 AM, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> Early MacBook running Sierra 10.12.6 (there's some odd issue with High
> Sierra on this thing).
>
> A third-party application (a radio scanner) requires wish8.4 (which I
> have, along with 8.5 which apparently is different) and after working
> down the dependency turtles it wants something called "Ttk", which
> crashes:

ttk refers to the themed Tk widgets. It was a loadable extension package
in Tcl/Tk 8.4 but has been part of the core since 8.5 was released, back
in 2007.

My guess is it's not a separately maintained port anymore. That Java
stuff port is trying to download has nothing to do with any of this.

Is there no way your app will work with 8.5? 8.4 is beyond ancient and
I'm not even sure it will build anymore on current versions of macOS, at
least in its native version.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer