macports-users Digest, Vol 126, Issue 12

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:23:25 UTC 2017

Inkscape (and Rcmdr inside Studio) are now cooperating with XQuartz. Not sure why, but the only change I made is to reorder my path so that the macports python path comes before the anaconda python path.  Could that have done it?)

BUT… all the menus for Inkscape are in Greek.  (I’ll post that as a separate query.)

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 7:00 AM, macports-users-request at lists.macports.org wrote:
>
> Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:42:57 -0500
> From: Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com <mailto:murrayeisenberg at gmail.com>>
> To: Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org <mailto:ryandesign at macports.org>>
> Cc: MacPorts Users <macports-users at lists.macports.org <mailto:macports-users at lists.macports.org>>
> Subject: Re: Inkscape @0.92.0_3+x11 does not work under macOS Sierra
> 	10.12.3!
>
> I did install port inkscape-app and I get the same behavior — the incessant appearance and disappearance of the XQuartz icon in the Dock, and NO Inscape window or items in the menu bar — as when I tried running inkscape from command line.
>
> I do see an Inkscape icon in the Dock, but it does not have the tell-tale dot under it to indicate the app is open.
>
> [I’m beginning to suspect an XQuartz problem, as I’m getting the same issue with the XQuartz icon when I try to run rCmdr from within RStudio after giving the RStudio command quartz(). so I completely uninstalled XQuartz and reinstalled. No change!]
>
> Not sure what the “usual place” means for crash logs.
>

>> On Feb 11, 2017, at 5:18 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org <mailto:ryandesign at macports.org>> wrote:
>>

>> On Feb 11, 2017, at 13:59, Murray Eisenberg wrote:
>>
>>> The current version, Inkscape @0.92.0_3+x11  current, does not work under macOS Sierra 10.12.3.
>>>
>>> After starting it from the command line, I see the XQuartz icon appear in the Dock, then repeatedly disappear and reappear there. And I never see any Inkscape icon there, or Inkscape window, or Inkscape item in the menu bar.
>>>
>>> How get it to work?
>>
>> It's been working for me.
>>
>> Maybe it's crashing for you. Can you check if there are any crash logs, in the usual place?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334