set port not to upgrade

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Feb 14 22:08:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 12:03:21PM +0100, db wrote:
> How can I mark a port to not be upgraded by `port upgrade outdated`,
> for example, one that has a bug in my system version?

'outdated' will be default not include ports that have a newer version
than the currently activated one installed (but inactive).

So if you have the current version of the broken port installed but
inactive, sudo port upgrade outdated will ignore it (unless it is a
dependency of some port you are installing or upgrading).

If this isn't sufficient, you can keep an old copy of the port in a
local portfile repository [1], but please don't forget about that if you
do it.

[1] https://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories

--
Clemens