port selfupdate / port reclaim

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Sat Feb 25 18:55:08 UTC 2017

> On 19 feb 2017, at 11:16, Mark Bestley <news at bestley.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I just ran sudo port selfupdate and got this
>
> sudo port selfupdate
> Password:
> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
> MacPorts base version 2.4.0 installed,
> MacPorts base version 2.4.0 downloaded.
> --->  Updating the ports tree
> --->  MacPorts base is already the latest version
>
> The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
>  port upgrade outdated
> You haven't run 'sudo port reclaim' in two weeks. It's recommended you run this regularly to reclaim disk space. Would you like to run it now? [Y/n]: Y
> Error: reclaim failed: wrong # args: should be "macports::reclaim_main opts"
>
> How do I fix this and what parts have not run?

Hmm.. that’s weird, do we have a ticket for that?
It’s not a big bug, just `port reclaim` has failed to run. You can run it again manually by executing `sudo port reclaim`. Reclaim will delete outdated port archives and unused source tarballs.

--
Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  https://g5pw.me/key