PowerMac download statistics?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Jan 6 21:58:35 UTC 2017

On 6 January 2017 at 22:48, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm looking for statistics on the number of Macports users and the
> number of PowerMac users.
>
> Does MacPorts track the statistics?

No, unless you run "sudo port install mpstats" which is not even advertized.

> If so, are they publicly available?

There is some (useless) statistics from a small number of volunteers at
    http://stats.macports.neverpanic.de/os_statistics

But maybe someone from the infrastructure team could provide some
numbers from the binary archives from our mirrors (now that we have
the ppc binaries). Again this would miss everyone setting gcc6 as
their main compiler.

Mojca