Inkscape 0.92.0 now available on MacPorts

David Evans devans at macports.org
Sun Jan 8 00:18:58 CET 2017

On 1/7/17 3:46 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 6:43 PM, David Evans <devans at macports.org <mailto:devans at macports.org>> wrote:
>
>     If it's still gtk2 +x11, install gtk2 +quartz instead.  Test by running gtk-demo (provided by gtk2) and observe that it
>     runs (sucessfully) without XQuartz starting.
>

> Disable revupdate first (see /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf), or the automatic revupdate will probably reinstall
> the +x11 variant due to existing gtk-using ports being broken.

Good point.  I recommend this in almost all situations as the automatic rebuild is almost always the wrong thing to do
and hides linking problems that need to be addressed otherwise.

To be more explicit, change

revupgrade_mode rebuild

revupgrade_mode report

in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf

You will get the report of broken files if they exist and then you can decide if you want to rebuild or not on your own.

Dave