Prevent MacPorts editing .bash_profile over and over again...

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Mon Jan 30 12:44:13 UTC 2017

When I run the postinstall as me it works are intended for my .bash_profile.
When I run via sudo it looks at root’s file and states tit does not support the
“sh” shell. I suspect that the environment that postinstall is running in is a
strange in some way. (I have seen Mac specific oddities when developing
python based apps like no LANG env var.)

I will need to debug the postinstall script and to do that I need to be able to
created the .pkg file.

I have cloned macport-base and done:

	./standard-config
	Make

What is the commands you use to create the .pkg?

Barry