port diagnose bug

Mark Bestley news at bestley.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 18:40:52 UTC 2017

port diagnose gives me

Warning: your $PATH environment variable does not currently include,
/opt/local/bin, which is where port is located.  Would you like to add
/opt/local/bin to your $PATH variable now? [Y/N]

Well it is on my path

  $ echo $PATH
/Users/mark/bin /Users/mark/anaconda/bin /Users/mark/.gem/bin
/usr/local/bin /opt/local/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin
/sbin /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands

and no I do not want it added (see other thread)

I suspect the issue is that I am using fish as my shell

Mark