MacPorts 2.4.0 has been released

William H. Magill magill at mac.com
Tue Jan 31 16:33:56 UTC 2017

I just updated my two systems - an iMac and aMmac mini. The iMac when cleanly, but the Mac mini “hick-upped”.
I thought the mini was on the immediately previous release. I guess not.

Not a big deal. just interesting.

 shianbrae> sudo port selfupdate

--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.3.5 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.4.0 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.4.0
Installing new MacPorts release in /opt/local as root:admin; permissions 0755

Not all sources could be fully synced using the old version of MacPorts.
Please run selfupdate again now that MacPorts base has been updated.

 shianbrae> sudo port selfupdate

--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.4.0 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.4.0 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.12.3
# Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.12.3

magill at icloud.com
magill at mac.com
whmagill at gmail.com