Is it time for a libc_fixes library yet?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 03:49:36 UTC 2017

> The compiler runtime is described as "optional" at
> http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html <http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html>
> so I assume a default build of clang does not use it.
> Do the clangs provided by the MP ports use it by default?

All versions of clang on all version of macOS use the clang_rt.

You can see a very interesting view of what clang does in the background for you by compiling a simple “hello.c” application with some verbose flags to the compiler and linker like this:

clang -v -Wl,-v hello.c

You might be surprised by all the things done in the background to make it work for you.