Retro -- Tiger/Leopard PPC - libsdl2 infrastructure now available

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 07:38:28 UTC 2017

For those of you with some PPC systems around, the libsdl2 infrastructure (libsdl2, libsdl2_image, libsdl2_net, libsdl2_mixer, libsdl2_ttf) is a collection of supporting ports for a number of other ports, a lot of the them games, emulators, etc.

I finished porting the last of these items back to Tiger & Leopard PPC, and all appear to work correctly. This might open the door up for some other software you were hoping to install (like Pingus, for example, which works nicely).

For the moment, you can install the libsdl2 infrastructure from  this repo <https://github.com/kencu/TigerPorts <https://github.com/kencu/TigerPorts>> if you’re interested.

We’ll see what ports work and what doesn’t in the end, but libsdl is reasonably current at 2.0.3, and the others are the current versions, so we might be successful.

Best,

Ken