nmap doesn't like libc++ ?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 19:27:14 UTC 2017

Indeed it's a c++ thing

<http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/error/logic_error>

and looking through the nmap build that just completed on my 10.6 system, some, but not all, the c++ build lines have the -stdlib=libc++ on them. So that would be why you see this error, indeed, as Ryan says.

You could do this in the portfile:

configure.cxxflags-append -stdlib=libc++
configure.ldflags-append -stdlib=libc++

and your build should proceed through. Should. Usually works.

If that works, it can be wrapped in a proper guard block and inserted into the portfile for everyone.

====== Technical explanation =========

clang looks for -stdlib=SOMETHING on the build line.

If none is found, then on < 10.9 it adds -stdlib=libsdtc++, and on 10.9+ it adds -stdlib=libc++. Usually this is the right thing, but in your case, with your modification to libc++ on 10.6, it is not.

So you either have to always make sure -stdlib=libc++ is on the build line

OR

change the default.

=====================

I eventually did the latter, so I got this just now:

$ port -v installed nmap
  nmap @7.50_0+subversion (active) platform='darwin 10' archs='x86_64' date='2017-07-12T12:12:57-0700'

IF you would like to explore the idea of building clang with an altered default setting, you can look here:

<https://github.com/kencu/SnowLeopardPorts/blob/master/lang/llvm-3.9/files/999-patch-clang-3.9-Toolchains-default-always-libcxx.diff>

The portfile to build / install it is here:

<https://github.com/kencu/SnowLeopardPorts/tree/master/lang/llvm-3.9>

with this variant defaulted    +forcelibcxx

That would at present at least be considered advanced MacPorting, and you'd have to know what you were doing and why, should you decide to try that.

Otherwise you can get fixes into the portfile, such as the one above, and that will usually work.

All the best,

Ken