port install pear-TCPDF fails with checksum error

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Jun 28 03:27:17 UTC 2017

On 2017-6-28 09:29 , macports at parvis.nl wrote:

>> On 27 Jun 2017, at 07:42, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>> Generally you should look at the contents of the HTML file to figure out what generated it instead of the correct file and why. In this case I would guess it's the fourth possibility listed on the MisbehavingServers page, "The download site no longer has the file, and does not indicate this with the correct response code."
>>
>> - Josh
>
> indeed.
>
> all sources for TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz are a HTML file pointing to peazhub.org and that domain is For Sale.
>
> the author Nicola Asuni - Tecnick.com LTD - www.tecnick.com - info at tecnick.com has a download for version 6.2.13 available at his own site https://github.com/tecnickcom/TCPDF.git
>
> i know how to create a local port file for a modified installation.
> but the current portfile has as contents:
> ---
> # -*- coding: utf-8; mode: tcl; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- vim:fenc=utf-8:ft=tcl:et:sw=4:ts=4:sts=4
>
> PortSystem          1.0
> PortGroup           pear 1.0
>
> pear.setup          TCPDF 5.9.074 pearhub.org
> categories-append   net www
> platforms           darwin
> maintainers         nomaintainer
>
> description         PEAR TCPDF package
> long_description    ${description}
>
> checksums           rmd160  f614fa5128251b414c26607f86e2d68698b7eb9f \
>                      sha256  00e6dc9acd8e9f729bc5bd51db75b71dc65c65788a209f84d9bce1aa83aa7d5e
> ---
> and i dont know what 'pear.setup' should do.
>
> do you have any suggestions?
>
> thanks.

(Keeping replies on the list.)

The version on GitHub doesn't appear to be available as a PEAR package,
so the pear portgroup probably won't help much anyway. So I would guess
pear-TCPDF should be deleted and a new port should be created named
TCPDF or perhaps php-TCPDF, which would install in whatever way is
usual. (I don't know much about PHP packaging, sorry.)

- Josh