selfupdate error

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 23:44:53 UTC 2017

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 5:45 PM, William Graves <
william.wyatt.graves at gmail.com> wrote:

> Running Mac OS 10.10.5, I am trying to update MacPorts, but it’s giving me
> an error. Unfortunately, the problem is not obvious, so I’m pasting the
> output below from running:
> sudo port -d selfupdate

This looks like it might be the rsync_dir issue. If you have rsync_dir
uncommented in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf, you will want to
comment it out or edit it; one copied forward from older macports releases
will be wrong and lead to this kind of failure.