gcc 4.8 problem in update

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 6 12:48:39 UTC 2017

> On Mar 5, 2017, at 11:59, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have had a failure to complete an update using a script that I have used for quite a while. I attach the script and the end part of the main.log.  Can someone please take a look and offer some likely cause(s)?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Comer
> <end_of_main.log.txt><portupdateupgrade>

The end of the main.log doesn't contain any useful information in this case. We would need to see earlier lines in the main.log to know why this failed.

However, it is likely you are encountering the same build error everyone else is with gcc48 at this time, which is:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53076