Old Mac OS X ssl issues [was Re: Trac login]

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Mar 6 21:51:52 UTC 2017

On Mar 6, 2017, at 4:44 PM, Geoff Down <geoffdown at fastmail.net> wrote:
>> What Mac OS X version are you on?
> 10.4.11 .That's also why I can't access Trac via Github.

IIRC macports uses libcurl linked against system openssl - so you're going to see this more and more often (as current security recommendations require ssl/tls configuration that doesn't work out of the box on pre-10.9).

If you really must run such ancient (and unsupported by your vendor) software, you're going to have to come up with your own workarounds for this sort of thing.

>> [you could work-around this by manually downloading the distfile and
>> moving it into place if you need a quick fix]
> I figured that out :) building now, but fixing the underlying problem
> (and perhaps not relying on one server) would be good. Am I missing a
> root cert perhaps?

I suspect it's a ssl/tls configuration (you could probably verify by visiting the site with Safari or with the `openssl -connect` command).

--
Daniel J. Luke