Trac login

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 7 03:42:35 UTC 2017

> On Mar 6, 2017, at 15:44, Geoff Down wrote:
>
> Feel free to change the subject btw - no threading here.
> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 09:37 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>> On Mar 6, 2017, at 4:26 PM, Geoff Down <geoffdown at fastmail.net> wrote:
>>> I get a Cert error at that point:
>>
>> so, that's the actual problem.
>>
>> What Mac OS X version are you on?
> 10.4.11 .That's also why I can't access Trac via Github.

Safari on Tiger can access GitHub, but not MacPorts' new servers, because MacPorts' new servers use SNI which Safari on Tiger does not understand. You can work around this problem by using a more modern browser, such as TenFourFox.

>> [you could work-around this by manually downloading the distfile and
>> moving it into place if you need a quick fix]
> I figured that out :) building now, but fixing the underlying problem
> (and perhaps not relying on one server) would be good. Am I missing a
> root cert perhaps?

We don't rely on just one server; we have a network of mirrors, in addition to the original upstream server(s). The problem is that we are not automatically mirroring distfiles, ever since moving off macOS Forge. It's on my to do list and is tracked at https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53347 . But I've manually mirrored this distfile for you now, and it should show up on our mirror network soon.