Is Macports down?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Mar 7 15:55:22 UTC 2017

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Thanks; that nails it to my back yard, then :-(

A posting on an unrelated subject reminded me about something: I recently
upgraded my broadband service from ADSL (copper) to fibre, and a new
router was supplied.  I've since discovered that the router (a Sagemcomm
F at st 5355), get this, *does not pass outbound UDP packets*!  (And I cannot
configure its firewall to do so.)  So things like NTP and TRACEROUTE etc
are stuffed...

So, my question is: is UDP used anywhere in the update process?