fail to destroot port with only makefile

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 13:42:46 UTC 2017

On 8 Mar 2017, at 01:10, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> On 7 Mar 2017, at 20:00, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> That can be an acceptable workaround. Sometimes it has side effects. I don't know if it does with this port.
>
> In the destroot phase, you should not be attempting to modify anything outside of the ${destroot} directory. Only items in the destroot will be properly recorded by MacPorts as belonging to that port. I'm not certain, but hopefully MacPorts would prevent you from placing files outside of that directory.

Yeah, I don't know why I was trying to do that in the first place. Despite this, strangely nothing was logged. I submitted the port with ticket #53753 if you want to take a look at it. I stuck to destroot.args (checked other portfiles, some use this, some patch makefile, not univocally), copied autocompletion files to {prefix}/share/{subport} (checked porthier) and added notes to copy them to a source-able location.