Trouble upgrading openssl

Dan D. dandunfee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 14:39:05 UTC 2017

I have been trying to upgrade openssl because another port upgrade needs
it.  Each time I try to upgrade opensll I get this:

Password:--->  Computing dependencies for openssl
--->  Staging openssl into destroot
Error: Failed to destroot openssl: error copying
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_openssl/openssl/work/destroot"
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_openssl/openssl/work/destroot-x86_64/destroot":
file already exists
Error: See
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_openssl/openssl/main.log

for details.

I cann't uninstall/install because several ports use it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

XB