python development environment on a mac

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Wed Mar 15 14:48:05 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Alexander Garcia Castro <
alexgarciac at gmail.com> wrote:

> this may be unrelated but do anyone knows how can I change the python
> version in spyder? I have some scripts that work with python 2 and others
> with python 3.

You _can_ set it in Preferences: Python interpreter

Not that you _should_ as "mixing python versions is not really supported."
You can install pyNN-spyder-devel and pyMM-spyder-devel concurrently; the
preference directories are kept separate in the MacPorts versions. (Again,
I'd recommend the -devel versions.)

 - Eric