all compilers blacklisted or unavailable

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Wed Mar 22 17:20:05 UTC 2017

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 09:51, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 10:27, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
>
>>> This is clever, but I don't like that it causes MacPorts to print an inaccurate warning that clearly causes user confusion. I think we could fix the problem by having the port blacklist the compilers only when libc++ is in use (MacPorts base will then add newer clang compilers to the fallback list), and disable assembly when libstdc++ is in use.
>>
>> Yeah.  I agree this is a messy, sub-optimal hack.
>>
>> To github.com:macports/macports-ports.git
>> 2cfee4d8ed..9fd4dd6a95  master -> master
>
> Ok, so you changed it, but kept the darwin 12 version cutoff. What happens on darwin 12 with libstdc++? Why is that case special?
> If the user has libstdc++ Mountain Lion with Xcode 4 (which has clang < 500) won't wavpack fail to build?

I'll just remove that check and make it based on C++ lib alone.  Better to be a bit more conservative, and the OS version isn't really relevant to what we're trying to check (neither is the cxx_stdlib, but it's a better proxy).

To github.com:macports/macports-ports.git
  089d010245..977c5c88ba  master -> master