macports-users Digest, Vol 127, Issue 19

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 22 18:01:10 UTC 2017

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 13:30, Franck Olivier Ngassam Nyakam <ngassamnyakam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello sir
> Please i would like you to help me finish my xcrysden installation via macport. Indeed I followed the whole procedure and I have this message:Configuring gmp
> Error: Failed to configure gmp, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_gmp/gmp/work/gmp-6.1.2/config.log
> Error: Failed to configure gmp: configure failure: command execution failed
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_gmp/gmp/main.log for details.
> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets <https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets> to report a bug.
> Error: Processing of port xcrysden failed
> which appears when I enter the command sudo port install xcrysden +x11
> Thank you

Have you looked at the two looks listed in the material you quoted above?   Have you tried googling "macports gmp failed to configure”?  Did any of those tickets shed light on your problem.

You don’t say what version of the operating system you are running. (You may have said it previously, but it’s not easily found in the digest quoted.)

Probably no one will be able to help you without at least the OS version and the log files in your error message.