libsdl2 built fails when updating ffmpeg

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 23 14:37:41 UTC 2017

On Mar 23, 2017, at 09:33, tome at QX.Net wrote:

>> What version of Xcode and the command line tools do you have installed? If
>> it's not the very latest for 10.7 (Xcode 4.6.3 and Command Line Tools (OS
>> X Lion) for Xcode - April 2013) try updating to that.
>
> Thank you.  I am downloading xcode 4.6.3.

Just out of curiosity, what version did you have before?

> I have not been able to
> determine my version of command line tools. Where on my mac do I check the
> version of command line tools?

I don't actually know. But you should use the version of the CLT that matches the version of Xcode. So if you're upgrading to Xcode 4.6.3 now, you should upgrade to the corresponding CLT (April 2013) at the same time.

> Are there things I should backup before
> starting these upgrades?

Probably no need. In the unlikely event that you have problems with the new Xcode and CLT and want to go back to the old versions, you can follow Apple's instructions in the read me file for uninstalling them and then install the old versions again.