Failed to build audacity

Eneko Gotzon enekogotzon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 00:27:35 UTC 2017

​Hi byte geniuses :)​

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Michael Dickens <michaelld at macports.org>
wrote:

> *The actual error is*:
> {{{
> :info:build ld: warning: ignoring file ../lib-src/lv2/liblv2.a, file was
> built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64):
> ../lib-src/lv2/liblv2.a
> :info:build Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
> :info:build   "_lilv_instance_free", referenced from:
> :info:build       LV2Effect::ProcessFinalize() in audacity-LV2Effect.o
> :info:build       LV2Effect::FreeInstance(LilvInstanceImpl*) in
> audacity-LV2Effect.o
> :info:build       LV2Effect::RealtimeFinalize() in audacity-LV2Effect.o
> :info:build       LV2Effect::CloseUI() in audacity-LV2Effect.o
> [snip]
> }}}
> followed by more of the same types of missing symbols.
>
> There's an internal build issue that looks like it's mixing 32 and 64 bit
> builds, which just won't work.
>
> Yes, *please do file a ticket if you can't find an obvious match*.

​Please, to avoid ticket duplication, can someone tell me if the ​issue I'm
reporting –see above– is the same tackled in ticket # 53470
<https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53470>? For me it is not easy to
understand what you do in your software feats.

​Thank you very much for all your work :)

​I get from all you very many more than you from me​; I'm sorry about that.

Take care, be loved & enjoy life.

--
Eneko Gotzon Ares
enekogotzon at gmail.com