Query on ffmpeg

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Mon May 1 01:27:09 UTC 2017

> On Apr 30, 2017, at 6:03 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
>
> Why is it that every week when I do the "port upgrade outdated" thing,
> "ffmpeg" is invariably selected?  Is it really that unstable, or what?
> It certainly ties up my poor little MacBook :-(

You can see the history of updates to the port at:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commits/master/multimedia/ffmpeg

Not all of the changes will cause your installed version to be updated.  Scanning the list, most of the updates are due to version updates of the underlying libraries like x265, libbluray, libdvdpsi, libvpx, etc.  Also, a new version of ffmpeg was released in March.

We’re not trying to be mean to your MacBook!  ;)

Craig