[MacPorts] #54149: gcc6 fails to compile because "configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long long)"

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 19 12:31:09 UTC 2017

On Thursday May 18 2017 19:05:31 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> > I hope you don't mind a helping hand :) if everything checks out I should be submitting a patch for the upgrade tomorrow.
> >
> > Annoyingly libgfortran has apparently had an API change, its sonumber is increased.
>
> Yes. Therefore, we need to add a libgcc6 subport, much like the existing libgcc45 subport.

Here's my helping hand ticket :)
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54198

I've tested this with a personal trick to keep libgfortran.3 around; everything seems to work just fine. I'm having a little trouble building R to use gfortran-mp-7; I suppose something must be changed to the compilers PG too (other than just setting the default from gcc6 to gcc7).

R.