Error installing bash on Sierra

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Sat May 27 15:06:32 UTC 2017

On 27 May 2017, at 13:11, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> Barrie,
>
> The error in your log says:
>
>> :error:install Failed to install bash: no destroot found at: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_shells_bash/bash/work/destroot
>
> The solution is here:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#nodestrootfound

It is easy when you know the signs. Anyway, apart from lout, I have completed my MacPorts installation. Surprisingly, I got the following error for lout.

:error:destroot Failed to destroot lout: command execution failed

I thought I was onto a winner here when I saw ‘destroot’. It turned out that there was nothing in the ProblemHotlist and, when I searched for tickets containing ‘lout’, there was none for lout so I’m a bit deflated now.

Thanks for your input, Ryan.

Barrie.