Octave out of date?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 17:32:13 UTC 2017

> On Nov 2, 2017, at 10:13 AM, Ray Zimmerman <rz10 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>
> I, for one, would appreciate an up-to-date octave-devel on macports if someone has the time. In particular, in the current build of the release version (4.2.1) the GUI still crashes on exit.
>
> Thanks again,
>
>    Ray

I put together a much-simplified (so I could understand it) and slightly defeatured octave-devel port to build the tip of the dev tree so I could test that.

It looks a lot like the homebrew +HEAD build file.

It still crashes on exit. I don’t know if the crash-on-exit fix is in the dev tree yet or if it still exists only as a patch. Have to sort that out.

You can take a look if you like:

<https://github.com/kencu/macports-ports/blob/octave2/math/octave-devel/Portfile <https://github.com/kencu/macports-ports/blob/octave2/math/octave-devel/Portfile>>

ken