Differences in binary and compiled port

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Nov 3 21:30:50 UTC 2017

On 3 November 2017 at 19:30, dan d. wrote:

> Hello macporters,
>
> I got the web browser lynx both by downloading the binary version and compiling one locally.
>
> Without going into much detail, there are some minor differences in how it works with speech using a screen reader.
>
> In the binary version it reads each link as I arrow up or down.
>
> The compiled version does not, I must read the line manually to have it spoken.
>
> Any idea why there is this difference?

Can you please try to recompile with

    sudo port -ts install lynx

and check whether it's still different?

One thing that's easy to explain would be opportunistic linking: when
a library is used despite not being defined as a dependency. But
that's a blind guess. Usually the two should be the same. If they are
not, that's a bug worth reporting.

Mojca