MacPorts ready for High Sierra yet?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Nov 9 22:51:13 UTC 2017

On 9 November 2017 at 23:41, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> Not being pushy (but my MacBook is); what's the status?  I'm holding back
> until the binaries are ready

The binaries should be ready. I don't know whether Ryan actually
managed to push *all* the ports through, but I haven't seen any ports
being scheduled on regular basis for a while and whenever I encounter
a port that builds from source it's usually because of binary
non-distributability or due to some strange variants being chosen by
me (or a missing +universal build of wine dependencies).

> (and give time for the more egregious High
> Sierra bugs to reveal themselves);

See https://trac.macports.org/wiki/HighSierraProblems if there's any
major problem that might affect you personally. I haven't really been
bitten by any major issue recently.

> if there was a recent announcement then I
> haven't seen it,

I don't remember any special announcement (probably because there's no
clear cut in when it makes most sense to upgrade).

Mojca