Lynx port crash

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 10 03:20:11 UTC 2017

On Nov 9, 2017, at 15:11, rmgls wrote:

> Hello The lynx macport still crashes
> when renaming a file or folder.
> This  point has not been corrected, since  perhaps  one year.
>
> The  lynx-cur.tar.gz from invisible-island.net
> source code compiles fine,
> And does not crash at all  while renaming.
>
> This problem affect only the lynx from macports.
>
> Perhaps one of  the patches  introduce s this fault,  but  I am not sure, I have not yet read them.
> in all case it is still crashing.
>
> Any idea?

I don't see a bug report in our issue tracker about this, so you could start by filing one. Our port only has minimal patches which I don't suspect would cause a crash. If the current development source available on the lynx web site works, but 2.8.8 does not, you might suggest to the developers that they release a new version 2.8.9; 2.8.8 is over 3.5 years old at this point so I wouldn't be surprised if the developers have fixed a number of things in the mean time.