establish installed dependency not in portfile

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Oct 9 11:00:51 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-09 12:31, db wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2017, at 22:19, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> I understand it would be useful to you.
>
> I think others would benefit of having an estimated time to build too, for example those that upgraded to High Sierra. I don't know if the buildbots are building the binaries in alphabetical or most downloaded order.

Binary archives are distributed over a world-wide mirror network by
different providers that are supporting MacPorts by hosting a mirror.

We do not have the aggregated data to find out which files have the most
downloads. Maybe the number of hits on a single mirror would give an
estimate, but so far we have nothing like this.

There is mpstats, provided by a port of the same name, that can be
installed to submit the list of installed ports each week, but it only
has a few participants. It was created as a Google Summer of Code
project, but at the moment nobody is actively working on improving it.

The statistics can be viewed here:
http://stats.macports.neverpanic.de/

Rainer