High Sierra and MacPorts

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 12 10:51:09 UTC 2017

On Oct 8, 2017, at 20:04, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Now that MacPorts is on 2.4.2, is High Sierra now fair game?

MacPorts 2.4.2 fixed a bug seen only on High Sierra with ports that want to install files with the setuid bit set. A very small set of ports, but important to fix nonetheless.

The rest of my message still applies:

https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-users/2017-September/043743.html

The High Sierra buildbot worker is still busy building ports. If you want to have a higher probability that you can receive binaries from us, instead of having to build from source, don't upgrade yet. Same goes for High Sierra-specific build failures of specific ports that we haven't fixed or even discovered yet. If you want a higher probability that we find and fix those problems, wait.