Why won't Firefox die?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 15 19:18:32 UTC 2017

On Oct 13, 2017, at 16:15, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> On 2017-10-13, at 1:25 PM, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>
>> Firefox 55.xx on Sierra.
>>
>> Before anyone whinges about this not being a MacPorts bug, I've never observed it on my Debian box.
>
> I'm totally blanking here, Dave. What has this to do with MacPorts? There is no firefox in MacPorts, AFAIK.

Yeah, based on the install location of /Applications (as opposed to /Applications/MacPorts) I would say this is a copy of Firefox downloaded from the Firefox web site. If it doesn't work, you'll have to report the problems to the developers of Firefox.

We've never had a port that installs Firefox.app. We used to have a firefox-x11 port, but it was deleted in 2014. https://trac.macports.org/ticket/42087