Apache 2.4.28 update today? (was:Re: Apache 2.4 any time soon?)

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Mon Oct 16 03:04:41 UTC 2017

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Marius Schamschula <lists at schamschula.com>
wrote:

> Bill,
>
> You are welcome, I’ve spent the last couple weeks making sure all the
> dependencies build. There still are a few loose ends:
>
> 1) There is no automatic migration tool for folks that had the old apache2
> 2.2.x installed. This is something that never bothered me, as I heavily
> edit https.conf,

I suspect that you mean the httpd.conf,  right?

> and use the default macOS htdoc path.

I don't...

I'd heard that a number of things have moved around.  I don't see anything
on that in the changelog

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/CHANGES?view=markup

Anything specific I  should watch for?

> I do the same for nginx.
>
> 2) I just noticed that any dependent port that uses apr-util may not
> cleanly build (I just fixed mod_qos) because my local apr-util was built
> with the no_bdb variant, masking a missing library path for BerkeleyDB 4.8
> (${prefix}/lib/db48).
>
> Please let me know if there are any issues

Will check it on a test server first and will let you know.