High Sierra status of a specific port

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Oct 17 09:08:26 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-16 21:18, Ray Zimmerman wrote:
> I’ve not yet updated to High Sierra and was wondering if there is a way to check beforehand the status of a specific port (octave)?  I’d like to hold off until I have confirmation that it builds and runs ok on High Sierra.

We do not have a list of ports that are known to work on a specific
macOS release, but you can check whether an unresolved ticket has been
filed against a specific port that inidicates a problem with High
Sierra. In this case for octave, there is no such open ticket:

https://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&keywords=~highsierra&port=~octave

Rainer