using octave with gui but without crashing?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 15:10:12 UTC 2017

Octave with GUI locks up on quitting. Has done for a long time, I believe. Pretty sure it’s an upstream bug that everyone seems to live with.

Port notes indicate it has something to do with fltk. I tried building octave against fltk-devel but that made no difference.

I see you can build octave without fltk . That sounds tempting, if it works to fix the crashes.

It takes many hours to build Octave.

Has anyone already figured out the current optimal situation for using octave?