phpmyadmin: getting blank page at localhost/phpmyadmin

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 29 12:52:25 UTC 2017

On Oct 28, 2017, at 20:04, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> Found the cause of the problem: a syntax error in config.inc.php.
>
> I found the error by cd to /opt/local/www/phpmyadmin and then executing php index.php. That gave the syntax error message.

Sounds like you've configured php not to display errors in the web browser. That's a good security practice and may even be the default setting these days; you don't want an error message to reveal sensitive information about your server to a public visitor. But if you want to temporarily change that setting and display errors while working on a problem, you can edit your php.ini. Or you could have consulted whatever file you've configured php to log its errors to, or possibly your web server error log file.