kmymoney4 failure on Sierra (was In a mess with libc++ libstdc++ and OSX 10.7.5 Lion)

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 03:16:57 UTC 2017

Thank you very much Mojca and Chris for all your advice.  Thanks also
to db and pagani laurent for passing on their experience re Sierra and
use of TimeMachine with MacPorts.

On 14/09/2017, at 6:34 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On 14 September 2017 at 10:10, Chris Jones wrote:
>>
>> Update to Sierra,

After some thought I decided to throw money at the problem.  I went
and bought a new MacBook Pro 13" with Sierra.  I have been drooling
over the screen clarity on my son's machine for years… :-)

But now there is a new problem.  I installed Xcode, command-line options
and MacPorts in the new machine.  Otherwise it contains just what Apple
delivered.  Then I requested MacPorts to install qt4-mac and followed by
 kdegames4.  That all went fine.

Then I requested MacPorts to install kmymoney4 and that all went fine,
including installing akonadi (which had given me problems on Lion on
my old machine), BUT kmymoney4 itself failed to install… :-(

The problem is exactly as in https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54604 but I have
not been able to add a comment to the ticket.

I went through the procedure to register with GitHub, but I have not received a
confirmatory email from there, despite checking the email address I entered and
requesting a resend many times.  I also checked spam boxes and gmail website.

I see that at least three people, including me, have had this problem in the last
5 weeks but there has been no action.  It is a showstopper if you are relying on
KMyMoney to help with your financial accounting.

Could someone, maybe Ryan, give Marko a nudge.

Cheers, Ian W.