Problems with updating macports

Rino Bandiera bandiera at arcetri.astro.it
Thu Sep 21 16:04:21 UTC 2017

Hello.

I have not been using macports for a long time (and I admit I do not know it well).

Now I have tried a selfupdate, but it does not seem to work.

First, my laptop is:
Model Name:		MacBook Pro
Model Identifier:	MacBookPro10,1

running
System Version:	OS X 10.10.5 (14F2511)
Kernel Version:	Darwin 14.5.0

Here below the output obtained by running it in debug mode. What is wrong?

Thank you and best regards,		Rino

====

Rinos-MacBook-Pro:~ rino$ sudo port -d selfupdate
Password:
DEBUG: Copying /Users/rino/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
DEBUG: MacPorts sources location: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

receiving file list ... done
base.tar

sent 31256 bytes  received 14072405 bytes  2564302.00 bytes/sec
total size is 85762560  speedup is 6.08

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

receiving file list ... done
base.tar.rmd160

sent 44 bytes  received 625 bytes  1338.00 bytes/sec
total size is 512  speedup is 0.77
DEBUG: successful verification with key /opt/local/share/macports/macports-pubkey.pem
DEBUG: /usr/bin/tar -C /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/tmp -xf /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/base.tar
MacPorts base version 2.3.4 installed,
DEBUG: Rebuilding and reinstalling MacPorts if needed
MacPorts base version 2.4.1 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar
DEBUG: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after  rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

receiving file list ... done
ports.tar

sent 55695 bytes  received 8713100 bytes  2505370.00 bytes/sec
total size is 64348672  speedup is 7.34
DEBUG: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after  rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar.rmd160 /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs
rsync: failed to connect to rsync.macports.org: No route to host (65)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-45/rsync/clientserver.c(105) [receiver=2.6.9]
Command failed: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after  rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar.rmd160 /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs
Exit code: 10
Error: Synchronization of the ports tree signature failed doing rsync
DEBUG: Couldn't sync the ports tree: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
   while executing
"macports::selfupdate [array get global_options] base_updated"
Error: Couldn't sync the ports tree: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
   http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Couldn't sync the ports tree: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed