Mulberry v4.1d1 for MacPorts?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Sep 26 09:19:45 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-26 09:58, FritzS - gmx wrote:
> why did’t Mulberry v4.1d1 available in MacPorts?
> http://trac.mulberrymail.com/mulberry/browser#Mulberry/branches/v4.1d1
>
> Mulberry is an old IMAP Client and now OpenSource.

MacPorts is a completely volunteer-driven project. Nobody else has
invested time and effort yet to write and submit a Portfile for Mulberry.

You are welcome to contribute to MacPorts and help with making new
software ports available in the MacPorts ports tree. The guide can get
you started with Portfile development, but help with writing Portfiles
is usually provided on the macports-dev mailing list.

https://guide.macports.org/#development

In this case, however, my personal opinion would be that it is not worth
the effort for Mulberry. Although the source code was published under an
open source license in 2007, it did not see any significant development
over the last 10 years and at this point it looks like a dead project.

Rainer