OpenModelica?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 8 06:50:43 UTC 2018

On Apr 7, 2018, at 15:02, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> Also, installing both gcc5 and gcc7 and libgcc6 and libgcc just seems nutty, so I added gcc6 and gcc7 to the fortran variants — but that has nothing to do with the above.

Using both gcc5 and gcc7 in a single port would indeed be nutty, if indeed they are doing that. Using gcc5 in one port and gcc7 in a different port is acceptable, though not ideal.

gcc6 and earlier require both libgcc6 and libgcc. This is normal. Just as gcc45 and earlier require libgcc45, libgcc6, and libgcc. libgcc provides the current stable version of all the gcc libraries, currently those of gcc7. libgcc6 provides the versions of the gcc libraries that were used by gcc6, where that differs from gcc7 (which is only libgfortran). libgcc45 provides the versions of the gcc libraries that were used by gcc45, where that differs from gcc6 (which is libobjc-gnu).