reinstalling Macports

pagani laurent laurent.pagani at laposte.net
Tue Apr 17 11:08:50 UTC 2018

Due to the numerous failures I had in my upgrade outdated followed by failure to install py36-jupyter, py36-spyder and py36-gnureadline, I decided to uninstall Macports following the ”migration” webpage which ends up with :

curl --location --remote-name https://github.com/macports/macports-contrib/raw/master/restore_ports/restore_ports.tcl
chmod +x restore_ports.tcl
sudo ./restore_ports.tcl myports.txt

Despite this indepth cleaning, installation still fails at some point :

--->  Activating xorg-xproto @7.0.31_0
Error: Failed to activate xorg-xproto: Image error: /opt/local/include/X11/X.h is being used by the active tk port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate xorg-xproto' to force the activation.

The log is attached (compressed… otherwise above 500 kb)
Should I force activation and relaunch the .restore_ports.tcl or should I totally erase the /opt/local branch, reinstall Macports and launch the restore_ports.tcl or will the later fail because everything has been erased ? Or did it fail because I run XEmacs (from opt/local/bin/xemacs) in parallel ?

I need some explanations! Thanks.

L.