Compiling TeX Live on 10.5 (was: libatomic build failure 10.5/x86)

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:58:10 UTC 2018

> On Apr 25, 2018, at 08:30, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> On 25 April 2018 at 16:37, Michael Dickens wrote:
>> I don't think I did anything special, and texlive-bin installed for me on 10.5 PPC without complaint.
>
> But note that the code which failed for Riccardo is disabled on PPC.

yes, I should have said I used clang 3.4 on 10.5 Intel. On PPC gcc6 indeed works.

There are lots of these minor hiccups on old systems, easy to get around but hiccups. Often I fix them and put the fix in LeopardPorts or TigerPorts quickly for me at least to use. I post them up to MacPorts if I get them to a point where I think they'll be accepted...