ffmpeg on 10.5/PPC

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Apr 29 09:52:21 UTC 2018

Dear Riccardo,

(This email would probably make more sense on the -devel mailing list.)

On 29 April 2018 at 09:44, Riccardo via macports-users
<macports-users at lists.macports.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build ffmpeg on Leopard/PPC and it repeatedly fails
> (again as a dependency actually of gimp)
>
> I am compiling with gcc-mp-6 and configure picks it up correctly
>
> I notice this:
> License: GPL version 2 or later
> Creating configuration files ...
>
> WARNING: GNU assembler not found, install/update gas-preprocessor
> --->  Building ffmpeg
>
> Is that true? what should I install? Perhaps in case it should be a
> dependency!

I leave that to others.

> GCC6 later on spits out an ICE:

I'm afraid you'll need to talk to upstream and open a bug report there
(on GCC tracker, ideally with a minimum example to reproduce the
problem, but even without that it's probably worth reporting it).

Mojca